Hi guys.. it has been awhile since my last “pen” on the blog. Now is already entered December, the year of 2014 is closing its curtain soon and the new year of 2015 is coming. Another few more weeks will be Christmas and then New Year. Like others, most of us busy with planning for holidays and also looking forward to welcome 2015 🙂 . PropCafes’ editors too busying with their own activities, some in Korea , Australia, Penang, Thailand, Indonesia and the list goes on (unfortunately I am still in the town). Since it is already year end, I tend to take things slowly . Sometimes life is really more than that. Could it be sign of aging? You tell me!
Year 2014 for me really been a tough one as well as very challenging year for me at least, had gone through a roller coaster ride of my life. Not to be emotional, I am still searching back my long lost soul and trying to figure out what I really want in my life 🙂 How bout you guys? Ever feel the same thing? Feeling lost for awhile and asking yourself question like “what am i doing now or what do i want in my life?”
Thanks to God, family and friends that I somehow manage to pull it through and got back my inspiration and mood to hold my pen (in the context , my keyboard) to write again! Yup, I am not going to write anything about property today. I just want to share an indoor theme park I had been invited to attend not long ago – Yes! Is District 21 at IOI City Mall @ Putrajaya!
Welcome to District 21 @ IOI City Mall Putrajaya! “21” is my favorite number 🙂
Neither am I going to write details about the newly opened IOI City Mall which is located at the southern Klang Valley because I will leave it for the next write. Allow me to start off with something light since I have had not been writing for so long 🙂
IOI City Mall at Putrajaya is not just a typical mall where only to cater shopping experience to the folks at this part of Southern Klang Valley where have been depriving from entertainment for ages, not until with the recent birth of IOI City Mall, till then where most of the time they have been resorting to larger malls like Sunway Pyramid or Mid Valley Mall for weekend activities where mainly cater for indoor shopping experience. IOI City Mall at Putrajaya is pushing a bit further than being a typical mall by providing not only phsycical activities like shopping but also skating in a Olympic sized skating ring overlooking vast greenery and as well as an indoor theme park called District 21. As far as I know, there ain’t lot of mall providing indoor theme park and the last one which I am aware of is Berjaya Times Square.
As much as I believe in “human touch” or “human connection” more than just merely “communicating” with your smartphone, tablet or your PC; I think life is definitely more than that. Human touch in the sense of real communication among human in creating the real “moment” and “feeling” where connecting human is the fundamental of mankind is what we really lacking of nowadays society. We need more places, regardless indoor or outdoor , where we can participate “actively” (excluding shopping) where you share the moment with your partner or family from all ages, in a way building a connection or bonding within that “moment” and this is how District 21 comes into the picture being a theme park within the mall. Personally, I would prefer a hybrid theme park , combination of indoor and outdoor where nature can be blended in at the same time but then it will create another issues needed to be addressed like the weather.
Just a brief introduction of District 21 @ IOI City Mall but before that do you also know that “21” is the sum of number one to six, which is the total of the numbers written on the dice! And to side track a bit further :))))
“21 DAY NUMBER
The person born on the 21st loves to socialize, and enjoys sporting activities.
21 Day Number people do not like arguing with people and are not overly demonstrative with loved ones.
21 Day Number people make great salespeople and/or writers. However, they can become paranoid when nervous and often get taken the wrong way by others.
People with the 21 as their Day Number are cheeky, bubbly, popular and oozing with charisma. They often start talking earlier than most other energies.
A 21 Day person has a great deal of potential. These people are easy going and have the ability to get along with everyone. They have the ability to feel their way through any situation, attempting to understand both sides before they make a decision.
They are very sociable people and are very toward charismatic and considerate of others and there is something very natural about them which attracts others to them.
Number 21 Day people don’t assume any airs and graces, so people feel very safe with them. These people are considerate, intuitive, loving and affectionate and their relaxed good nature makes them very easy to be with.
Communication is most important to Day number 21 people and they will always attempt to talk about their differences rather than argue with others, as they consider this to be a waste of time.
Number 21 Day people love and cherish the special people who are close to them, and this in turn makes them very special too.”
Okey! Come back to District 21 LOL ….”District 21 is an Active Leisure Park; a themed family entertainment centre (FEC) where all attactions are based on active participation. The credo of District 21 is Fun, Passion, Participation, engaging the entire family to be active! ”
For me, is more than that 🙂 you can also see that visitors not only actively engaged in the game, they also very actively shooting pictures with their smartphones or camera! Thinking about that, this place possibly could be a potential venue for shooting wedding pictures as well 😉
District 21 Theme – A revived, recycled and repaired environment. The deconstructed interior has intentionally exposed all M&E works visible. Where material has not been recycled it has been rendered to appear weather and aged. The walls of the lobby are graffiti bombed provided a stark contrast to the clean new finishing of the mall concourse. The resulting look gives the impression of a once abandoned building that’s been left in ruin. Well.. basically the scene is quite similar to what we usually see in the movie where portraying an image where the Earth is pretty dusted and ruined down.
Before accessing the park, all visitors must pass through a decontamination chamber. This is a 2-stage process is aimed to provide all park users a safety briefing and glimpse the story behind.
The story of District 21
The world outside and how it all came about – The story of District21 is rooted in the current environmental calamity that our world is facing and prophesies that this disaster was not adverted and we face future where the earth as we know it is inhospitable, toxic, and the fabric of society has broken down. In this future world, a task force has developed the means to communicate across time, and are endeavoring to re-write the future, however as a backup plan, District 21 has been developed as a “Boot Camp for the Future”, designed to train the generations that will inherit and be forced to survive this dangerous “new world disorder’.
The year is 2066 (no more 2026 ok!) The world is hostile and toxic. The survival of human race hangs in the balance. In this future post-apocalyptic world the residents discover District 21 – boot camp for the future.
Set in an abstract industrial site this wasteland becomes the training ground for a generation that will have to learn skills and gain knowledge to equipment themselves for a possible future where the planets resources and society itself has been laid to ruin.
Yal.. this might sound a bit like the “The Terminator” movie, where you are entrusted to save the world and re-write the future. But the point is, District 21 is to re-engage our instinct of survival.
We have been living in the protected and comfortable environment for too long where every things are at the convenience within our hands. Too much fingering on the smart phone and the pad-pad. We just need to go back to our basic, living within our own natural capabilities, re-focus and re-unite our mental (brain) and physical (body) to come out the best of who we are. When was the last time, you ever thought that you are living on your own without any devices at your convenience, where you need to climb, jump, crawl, ride, slide and even FLY! where you will be using every single physical part of your body to survive without GPS, phone and your mama or papa….err okey maybe a bit over exaggerating here 😉 OK la not so scary ..remember after all is a family theme park so it children friendly 🙂
Overview of Attraction
There are 11 attractions available for to get your mind and body to get whacked out here at District 21 here and don’t miss the world’s first indoor – The Roller Glider and if you want to know the feel of free fall, go ahead this is the place for you to feel the authority of Gravity! Where you can still have the second chance in life! You will start to appreciate your life more after that, I bet you! Life is so short!
1.Tubby Ride – The feeling of sliding down a snow bank on a inner tube is a common pastime for kids and families in countries with winter climates. With The Tubby Ride’s special surface, patrons will experience the same sensation. Tubes can used individually , double or in a convoy.
2. Roller Glider – The Roller Glider is a world first attraction, a mix of zip line and coaster. Instead zipping down a cable, the trolley runs along a pipe allowing the closed loop course to take curves. This way the riders enjoy additional G-forces of a coaster with the gravity feed thrill of a zip line.
3. Free Fall – A free fall jump provides a simulate experience comparable to a parachute jump out of an airplane. Few thrills in life compare to looking over the edge and taking that ‘leap of faith’. Not everyone able to have second chance in life but at District 21 you will have more than 1 if you dare!
4. Sky Trail – The largest indoor rope challenge course in Malaysia, the Sky Trail offers 23 elements of varying difficulty in a layer course enabling patrons to choose their level of challenge. The smart belay ensure patrons remains connected to the safety system at all times.
5. Launch Pad – Play, jump or practice your slam duck, on the large trampoline field. Suitable for all ages, a trampoline is just pure fun in addition to offering an awesome physical workout. (Especially for those who wants grow taller or have a feeling of some Jackie Chan’s stunt and it is all up to your creativity! 🙂 )
6. Power Station – This is an interactive climbing area. All climbing walls are equipped with autobelays for increased safety. Many of the walls are interactive and require problem solving as part of the climbing challenge. Here not only you need to work your body out but also your brain! Maybe you want to test how strong your mind is when your body is exhausted. They say mind over body and when your mind is weak, your body will eventually collapsed. So how true is it? Only when you try. A safety flooring is provided throughout the climbing area of additional safety.
7. Maze – Navigate through a vertical labyrinth of tunnels, cages and funky challenges, at times more than 10m above ground. The entire Maze is completely enclosed thus removing the need for a harness. A scaled version is also available for younger kids, complete with slide. Although is nothing like the movie “The Maze Runner” but it is still worth to have a run!
8. Pump Track – A pump track is an undulating course of bumps, jumps, and berms designed to allow you to ride continuously without pedaling. Riders can chose their preference of bike, scooter or skateboard. Helmets, knee and elbow pads will be work by all riders to increase safety.
9. Low Ropes – A scaled version of Sky Trail, the low ropes course is design specially for our younger park visitors. The continuous belay system allows kids to navigate the 7 element course without ever needing to detach from the safety system.
10. Go Pedal – Human-powered karts add a fun element to the Go Kart experience. The 100m track offers straights and cacanes to test your speed and skill. With differing sizes of pedals carts races can be divided by age group.
11. Carousel – It is a 24 seater carousel with a wide array of animal figures. Not only horses, but also wild animals such as tiger, ostrich , lion and giraffe, etc. and this is my favourite 🙂
Operation Hour : 10am to 10pm
Entry Price :
RM75 for Adult ACTIVE PASS for all day unlimited access to the park as well as within the date of purchase while for NON-ACTIVE PASS is only RM15 where only grant you entry to the park as an observer (for more to accompany your kid) and NO access to participate in any of the attractions in the park.
Kid with height less than 90cm is FOC.
Currently the entry ticket is sold at the ticket booth prior entering into District 21 theme park. According to the Park Manager Richard Steven Lee, now they are looking into another alternative of purchasing the ticket online or e-ticket or mobile apps with almost similar concept of buying movie ticket online where visitors able to pre-buy the ticket earlier avoiding the queue at the ticketing booth.
District 21 also can be used as venue for parties, gatherings and events by special arrangement.
For details and enquiry, you can contact them at 03-8328 8888 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Special thanks to Ms.Ling May Yuen for the invitation as well as her precious time and the Park Manager Mr.Richard Steven Lee for the detailed explanation and info sharing with PropCafe.
So are you guys ready? The choice is in your hand whether you want to make it happens or not. Before signing off, there is something I would like to share 🙂